Insomnia prevention and good sleep hygiene go hand in hand. Read below to learn techniques that can help you gain a better night’s sleep.
- Don’t eat a heavy meal late in the day; a light snack before bedtime may help.
- Follow a routine to relax before bed (read, listen to music, take a bath).
- Go to sleep at the same time each night and get up at the same time each morning; try not to take naps during the day.
- Don’t use e-books/phones before bed; their light can make it harder to sleep.
- If you tend to lie awake and worry about things, make a to-do list before you go to bed; this may help you put concerns aside for the night.
To learn more about practicing good sleep hygiene, click here.
- Insomnia. National Sleep Foundation